20 Tools to Calculate Student Loan Costs
Dec 02, 2009
Student debt can accumulate quickly while you are in college and spiral out of control after graduation. You can keep a handle on your debt by periodically calculating your student loan costs. Here are 20 free online calculators to help you get the job done.
- College Cost Finder - This calculator from CNNMoney.com displays costs for any four-year college or university in the United States.
- College Tuition Planner - Salary.com's College Tuition Planner helps students (and parents) determine how much money should be saved for college based on the name and location of the college.
- College Cost Calculator - This calculator from the CollegeBoard helps students estimate annual college costs in today's dollars or tomorrow's dollars.
- Tuition Savings Calculator - This calculator from MSN Money calculates the cost of college as well as the interest that can be earned on college savings.
- Budget Calculator - The official Federal Student Aid site provides this calculator to help students determine college expenses and affordability.
Student Loan Debt and Repayment Calculators
- Student Loan Debt Calculator - Bankrate's Student Loan Debt Calculator helps students calculate non-student loan debt and payments.
- Accrued Interest Calculator - Sallie Mae's worksheet/calculator demonstrates how interest can impact student loan balances.
- Cost of Living Wizard - The Cost of Living Wizard from Salary.com helps you compare and estimate the cost of living in 300+ U.S. cities.
- Federal Direct Loan Consolidation Calculator - Students can use this free calculator to estimate loan payments for Federal Direct Consolidation Loans.
- FinAid Loan Payment Calculator - This online calculator estimates your monthly student loan payments as well as the annual salary needed to repay debt without a struggle.
- Sallie Mae Loan Repayment Calculator - This free loan calculator from Sallie Mae estimates payments for Stafford, PLUS, Grad PLUS, Signature, and other private loans based on different repayment plans.
- CNNMoney Loan Calculator - CNNMoney.com's Student Loan Calculator helps you determine how long it will take you to pay off student loans based on the size of monthly payments.
- Graduate Repayment Calculator - The Graduate Repayment Calculator helps you calculate monthly costs based on a graduated repayment plan.
- Income-Based Repayment Calculator - Federal Student Aid offers this calculator to help students calculate income-based payments.
- Salary Wizard - The free Salary Wizard from Salary.com helps you estimate your future salary range based on job title and location.
- Credit Card Calculator - Bankrate's Credit Card Calculator helps you estimate how long it will take you to pay off a credit card based on the balance, interest rate, and monthly payment amount.
- Savings Calculator - This Math.com calculator demonstrates how money can accumulate in a savings account when it is left there for a fixed amount of time.
- Out-of-School Budget Calculator - Designed for graduate students, this free budget calculator can be used to estimate and better understand the implications of student debt based on income and personal expenses.
- Investing Calculator - Dave Ramsey's Investing Calculator helps users estimate how rich they will be in the future based on how much they add to savings each month.