Which Top Tulsa Schools in Have Computer Information Systems Degrees?
Find schools in Tulsa, OK, offering computer information systems degree programs. Learn about career requirements and get salary information for computer and information systems managers living in Tulsa, OK. Schools offering Information Technology degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Career Information for Computer and Information Systems Managers in Tulsa, OK
Most computer and information systems managers have at least a bachelor's degree and a few years of work experience. However, some managers may posses graduate degrees. A degree program in computer technology or information systems can lead to a career as a computer and information systems manager. You do not need to be licensed or certified to work as one of these managers in Tulsa.
Salary and Job Outlook for Computer and Information Systems Managers in Tulsa, OK
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that, in May 2011 in the Tulsa, OK, area, there were 570 computer and information systems managers who earned average annual salaries of about $98,000. The BLS projected 18% national growth in employment opportunities for these managers during the 2010-2020 decade.
Associate Degree Programs Near Tulsa, OK
Tulsa Community College
- Program Name: Associate of Science in Management Information Systems
- Program Length: 61-64 credit hours
- Tuition: $76 for in-state and $257 for out-of-state students per credit (fall 2012)
- School Type: 2-year, public; around 20,200 undergraduate students
- Address: 6111 East Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK 74135
- Phone: (918) 595-7039
In this program, you study topics like systems analysis and design, PHP programming, XHTML, scripting and Java. This program is designed to prepare you to transfer to a 4-year school.
Bachelor Degree Programs in Tulsa, OK
University of Tulsa
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Program Length: 124 credits
- Tuition: $31,551 per year (2011-2012)
- School Type: 4-year, private; around 3,000 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students
- Address: 800 South Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104
- Phone: (918) 631-2228
In this program, you complete 32 credit hours of study in computer science classes, 18 credit hours in elective classes, 21 credit hours in business classes and 10 credit hours in math classes. Computer science classes cover ethics in computing and engineering, programming languages and systems administration. You must complete a senior software project prior to graduation.
Rogers State University
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology
- Specialization Options: Computer network administration or software development and multimedia
- Program Length: 124 credit hours
- Tuition: $167 for in-state and $385 for out-of-state students per credit hour (2012-2013)
- School Type: 4-year, public; about 4,800 undergraduate students
- Address: 1701 West Will Rogers Boulevard, Claremore, OK 74017
- Phone: (918 ) 343-7520
Core courses in this program cover topics like data modeling, programming, systems analysis, networking, computer architecture and human-computer interface development. During your studies, you also take business courses in management information systems, principles of management, marketing principles, business statistics and technical writing.
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Specialization Options: Information systems
- Program Length: Four years, full-time
- Tuition: $5,455 per semester (2012-2013)
- School Type: 4-year, private; around 1,100 undergraduate students
- Address: 2299 Old Bacone Road, Muskogee, OK 74403
- Phone: (918) 683-4581
This program is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education. Its curriculum covers topics like computing platforms, functional programming, networking and the internet, database programming and management and problems in information systems. Elective courses are available in operations research, web programming, technology applications in business and information systems and security.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: