What Is the Top School for an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice?
By earning an associate's degree in Criminal Justice, you'll be prepared for a variety of careers, including bailiff, CIA/FBI agent, detective, police officer, paralegal, law librarian, parole officer and U.S. marshal. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is the top U.S. school offering an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Criminal Justice. Schools offering Criminal Justice degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - Shell Lake, WI
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College (WITC) offers an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Criminal Justice, with concentrations available in corrections, law enforcement and law activity. WITC consistently lands among the nation's top 10 community colleges in Washington Monthly magazine's annual rankings. The core Criminal Justice curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Criminal Justice: Learn about law enforcement, courts and causes of crime.
- Correctional Administration: Study topics such as chain of command, administrative structures, organizational theories and inmate discipline.
- Correctional Institutions: Explore issues including prison services and programs, inmate groups and prisoner movement.
- Sociology of Corrections: Learn about inmate adjustment processes, suicide prevention, stress and juvenile release processes.
- Criminology: Examine the distribution, nature and extent of crime in the United States.
School Address: Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College, 505 Pine Ridge Dr, Shell Lake, WI 54871
School Phone Number: (715) 468-2815; (800) 243-9482
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: