What Is the Top School for a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership?
A master's degree in Educational Leadership can yield various upper-level opportunities in education, including positions as a principal, assistant principal, central office administrator or academic dean. Stanford University is the top U.S. school offering a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Policy, Organization and Leadership Studies. Schools offering Education - Organizational Leadership degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Stanford University in California
The Stanford University School of Education offers a Master of Arts (M.A.) in Policy, Organization and Leadership Studies (POLS). Stanford is a world-renowned institution that is recognized as having quality teaching programs. The POLS program offers Educational Leadership students three areas of specialization to choose from: PreK-12, higher education or Education of Linguistic Minorities (ELM). The core curriculum for a master's degree in Policy, Organization and Leadership Studies includes:
- Curriculum Construction: Study current curriculum theory and approaches.
- Language and Thought: Explore how language is connected to thought and how this relationship functions within an educational context.
- Mediation for Dispute Resolution: Learn about various methods used to solve issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- School-based Decision Making: This course focuses on methods to ensure that all parties affected by a decision have a say in how that decision is made.
- Education and Society: Learn how current societal issues affect educational policy and procedures.
School Address: Stanford University School of Education, 485 Lasuen Mall, Stanford, CA 94305-3096
School Phone Number: (650) 723-2109
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: