What Is the Top School for a Master's Program in Gerontology?
Find out why the University of Southern California (USC) is the top school for earning a master's degree in gerontology. Learn about gerontology program options offered by USC. Schools offering Gerontology degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
University of Southern California in Los Angeles
The Leonard Davis School of Gerontology at the University of Southern California offers Master of Science and Master of Arts degree programs in gerontology. Both programs are offered on campus and online. This school was selected at the top school for master's programs in gerontology because the School of Gerontology is the nation's oldest research facility dedicated exclusively to studying aging, and USC was ranked #23 among national universities in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report. USC also offers dual degree programs, through which students can earn a Master of Science in Gerontology and a master's degree in business administration, health administration, public administration, planning or social work, or a doctorate in dental surgery, law or pharmacy. Core courses for students pursuing a master's degree in gerontology include:
- Physiology of Development and Aging: Examine aging, development and growth in humans, with an emphasis on the later years of life.
- Life Span Developmental Psychology: Explore various behavioral components, such as perception, personality and sexuality, through the course of human life.
- Social Policy and Aging: Study programs and legislation aimed at older adults.
- Professional Issues in Gerontology: Examine the roles of attitude, ethics, knowledge, skill and values in the practice of gerontology.
- Research Methods: Learn the steps involved in research, from formulating a problem to analyzing and presenting your results.
School Address: USC Davis School of Gerontology, 3715 McClintock Avenue, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0191
School Phone Number: (213) 740-5156
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: