What Is the Top School for a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)?
College graduates with undergraduate degrees in Nursing can pursue careers as nurses in a number of health care institutions, such as hospitals, clinics and hospices. The University of Washington is the top U.S. school offering a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). Schools offering Nursing degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
University of Washington in Seattle, WA
The University of Washington (UW) offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). The UW School of Nursing has received the #1 ranking by U.S. News and World Report each year since 1993. The core curriculum for a BSN includes:
- Clinical Applications of Anatomy & Physiology: Learn to apply selected physiologic concepts to clinical phenomena.
- Foundations of Professional Nursing: Explore the profession of nursing and the health care system in the United States.
- Nursing of Families: Childbearing and Childrearing: Learn to apply family concepts to the nursing of families with children.
- Psychosocial Nursing in Health & Illness: Examine psychosocial disorders and such related issues as intervention and health assessment.
- Cultural Variation & Nursing Practice: Study social, global and cultural factors that impact different groups of people with health care needs.
School Address: University of Washington School of Nursing, Box 357260, 1959 NE Pacific St., Seattle, WA 98195
School Phone Number: (206) 543-8736 or (800) 759-6877
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: