Which Schools Offer Technology Management Degrees in Albuquerque?
Learn about technology management degree programs near Albuquerque, NM. Get information on costs, program requirements and degrees available to make an informed decision about your education. Schools offering Information Technology - Project Management degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Career Info for Technology Managers in Albuquerque, NM
Although the availability of technology management degree programs is limited near Albuquerque, NM, you do have a couple of options to choose from. These programs focus on leadership and project management skills in the information technology (IT) sector. You can also acquire technical expertise in database administration, network security and systems design.
As of May 2011, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that there were 520 computer and information systems managers employed in the Albuquerque, NM, area who earned an average salary of about $108,000. The number of employed professionals in this field was expected to grow 18% from 2010-2020, reports the BLS, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations.
Bachelor's Degree Program in Technology Management in Albuquerque
Lewis University - Albuquerque
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Program Length: 128 credit hours
- Tuition: $600 per credit hour for undergraduate accelerated program (costs from 2012-2013)
- Prerequisites: At least 24 years of age, three years of work experience and 12 semester hours of transferable credit from a postsecondary institution
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit, about 6,100 students
- Address: 2440 Louisiana Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
- Phone: (505) 255-3947
This school offers an accelerated program in information technology management that focuses on technical and managerial skills needed in business. You take courses in information systems, business law, digital-age communication, database management systems and enterprise security. Business topics may include project management, finance and marketing. In addition to coursework, you complete an e-portfolio project that can be shown to employers after graduation. The program is designed for professionals with work experience who have already completed some college courses.
Master's Degree Program in Technology Management in Albuquerque
University of New Mexico (UNM) - Main Campus
- Program Name: Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Management Technology
- Program Length: 48 credit hours including 15 in concentration
- Tuition: $276.73 per credit hour for residents, $885.74 per credit hour for non-residents (costs from Fall 2012)
- Prerequisites: An accredited bachelor's degree with coursework in specific management subjects; coursework can be satisfied by UNM's bachelor's program in business
- School Type: 4-year, public, about 29,000 students
- Address: 1700 Lomas Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
- Phone: (505) 277-0111
The management of technology (MOT) concentration in the University of New Mexico's MBA program was ranked among the top ten technology management programs in the country by the International Association of Management of Technology. In the MOT program, you learn to manage technological projects in research and development. You also acquire skills in forecasting, creating and evaluating technology that meets the needs of businesses. Some of the course topics include technological commercialization, finance, business models, entrepreneurship and economics.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: