What Are Tips for Succeeding in an Online College Class?
The tips for succeeding in an online college class listed below are gathered from many colleges and other online schools. Your college does not want you to fail your online class, and most offer tips and help on their websites. Most importantly, choose an online program from a reputable, accredited college.
Tips for Succeeding in an Online College Class
You need to be a good reader, enjoy learning visually and be comfortable learning to use computer systems. Both you and your environment contribute to succeeding in an online college class.
Your Contribution to Succeeding in an Online College Class
As an online college student, your major challenge is time management. To help yourself juggle your courses and your other responsibilities, try these strategies:
- Set a reserved time for study. Give it the same priority as you'd give to going to work. Colleges suggest allotting at least six hours per week per class.
- Keep your class material together and organized, and don't let other stuff or other people get into it.
- Lay out your class assignments on a calendar. Most of the work is near the end of term, but you can set yourself earlier deadlines to spread it out.
All college students need motivation to succeed. You can help yourself stay involved and motivated with these ideas:
- Connect with other students right away.
- Set up a study group if a subject is difficult.
- Ask questions.
How Your Family and Resources Contribute to Succeeding in an Online College Class
Your family and friends can be a great help by:
- recognizing that you need your study time
- picking up more chores, especially at the end-of-semester 'crunch times'
- encouraging you
You will need a study space that is:
- free of distractions (if you can't make one at home, try a coffee shop, a library, even a lounge at work)
- available when you need it
If you are getting a college degree, you will need enough money to pay for all your college classes, plus any fees the school charges. Finally, you will need certain computer technology. The school specifies what you'll need for their courses; it's usually pretty basic.