What Are the Courses in an Online Hotel & Restaurant Management Degree Program?
An online degree in hotel and restaurant management offers the same benefits and core courses as a degree program that is completed in the traditional manner - on campus. The coursework of an online hotel and restaurant management degree program may include food principles, restaurant planning, lodging management, and ethical and legal issues in business. Read on for further information about hotel and restaurant management core courses. Schools offering Hotel & Restaurant Management degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Description of Core Courses for an Online Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management
Although every degree program is slightly different, each hotel and restaurant management program is designed to prepare students for management careers in the hospitality industry. The skills learned through the courses can be applied to other careers easily because of their customer-focused nature. Below are some details pertaining to core courses in an online hotel and restaurant management degree program:
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Business: When students take this course, they might learn about codes and regulations for businesses, in particular restaurants and hotels.
- Food Principles and Applications: Enrolled students might learn the basics of preparing meals, including menu planning and design.
- Restaurant & Resort Marketing: This is a core course that allows students to learn to apply marketing and sales techniques. Ultimately, they might discover ways to generate new business.
- Strategic Restaurant Planning: Students might explore ways of setting up restaurants and planning menus so that they draw in business and create repeat customers.
- Catering Techniques & Culinary Arts: When taking this class, students might learn to master catering techniques that include serving food to large numbers of people and finding locations for their meetings.
- Lodging Management: The course might cover the history of the lodging industry as well as current trends and techniques for managing, operating, and organizing a hotel or lodge.
- Introduction to the Hospitality & Tourism Industry: This core course in a hotel and restaurant management-degree program may explore ethics, professionalism, and current trends in the hospitality industry.
- Travel Industry Operations & Technology: Students may learn to incorporate modern technologies into everyday aspects of the hospitality industry.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: