Which Schools Offer Healthcare Administration Degree in Mesa, AZ?
Learn about healthcare administration programs in the Mesa, AZ, area. Get information about degrees available and admission and program requirements to make an informed decision about your education. Schools offering Health Care Administration degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Career Information for Mesa, AZ, Healthcare Administrators
There were about 4,700 healthcare administrators in the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale, AZ, area in 2011, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This was one of the highest levels of employment in this occupation in the country. These administrators earned a mean annual wage of about $102,000, which is about $6,000 above the national mean wage.
The BLS also reported a 2010-2020 estimated national job growth of 22% for healthcare administrators. This faster-than-average growth is being spurred on by the large senior population, which contributes to a higher demand for healthcare services.
Healthcare Administration Associate Degree Programs in the Mesa Area
GateWay Community College
- Program: Associate in Applied Science in Health Services Management
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition: $76/credit hour for residents; $300/credit hour for out-of-county residents; $317/credit hour for non-residents (2011-2012)
- Prerequisites: Either a healthcare credential, 1 year of full-time work experience or a health sciences degree
- School Type: 2-year, public; close to 7,350 undergrads
- Address: 108 N. 40th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Phone: 602-392-5000
Located around 20 miles from Mesa, GateWay Community College offers both an associate degree and certificate in health services management. The degree program includes general education requirements along with a core set of courses in supervision, management, ethics/law and current issues in the field. You'll also complete coursework in accounting, medical terminology, customer service, human resources and communications. Completing a special project or participating in a service learning experience is required. GateWay offers courses in this program on the Phoenix campus as well as at area hospitals.
Healthcare Administration Bachelor's Degree Programs in the Mesa Area
Ottawa University - Phoenix
- Program: Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Field of Study Options: Clinical track or non-clinical track
- Program Length: About 4 years, depending on enrollment status
- Tuition: $450/credit hour (2012-2013)
- Prerequisites: 30 credits of professional clinical training (for clinical track)
- Admission Requirements: Healthcare registry or certification (for clinical track)
- School Type: 4-year, private not-for-profit; about 1,000 students (around 500 undergrads)
- Address: 10020 North 25th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85021
- Phone: 602-371-1188
If you're credentialed as a healthcare professional, you might be interested in Ottawa University's clinical track within the healthcare management program. This track includes coursework in healthcare policy, law, planning and human resources. A seminar, which will focus on applying healthcare management theories to problems, is required to complete the program. The non-clinical track requires the same courses, but also requires coursework in healthcare systems, medical terminology, business, accounting and economics.
You might opt to complete a related concentration in an area such as communication or human resources. Not all concentrations are available in Phoenix, but the university offers several online options. As an Arizona student, you will complete 8-week terms. Taking 6 credits per term is considered full-time.
Healthcare Administration Master's Degree Programs in the Mesa Area
Arizona State University
- Program: Master of Business Administration
- Field of Study Options: Health sector management, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, marketing, leadership or supply chain management
- Program Length: 2 years
- Tuition: $714/credit hour for residents; $1,023/credit hour for non residents (for 2012-2013)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree and 2 years professional work experience
- Admission Requirements: GMAT, 2 recommendation letters, resume, 3 essays and interview
- School Type: 4-year, public; about 70,400 students (around 57,000 undergrads)
- Address: University Dr. and Mill Ave., Tempe, AZ 85287
- Phone: 480-965-9011
In addition to the core courses taken mostly in the first year, the Arizona State University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program includes several specialization options. You must complete one specialization from areas such as information management, strategic marketing or financial management. You can choose to also complete an area of emphasis in the program, which includes health sector management.
Along with a required summer internship, you may choose to complete off-site electives in Washington, D.C., or in locales throughout the world. MBA courses can be taken during the week, on weekends, online or in the evenings.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: