What Top Schools Offer Medical Administrative Assisting Associate's Degrees?
Are you accurate, efficient, dependable and interested in a career in the health care industry? If so, consider becoming a Medical Administrative Specialist with an Associate of Applied Science degree from Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College, the top school in the U.S. offering this degree. Graduates with an associate's degree in Medical Administrative Assisting are qualified for positions in hospital accounts or admissions or as medical secretaries, transcriptionists or patient account representatives. Schools offering Administrative Assistant degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College - Shell Lake, WI
Medical Administrative Assisting is a fast growing field, and competent graduates are in demand. Students in Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College's (WITC) Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Medical Administrative Specialist program gain hands-on experience through mandatory externships. They also get a top-notch classroom education at WITC, which is #7 on the Washington Monthly list of the nation's top community colleges. As an associate's degree candidate in Medical Administration, you can expect to take these core classes:
- Medical Terminology I, II: Learn to identify and construct medical terms, using roots, prefixes, suffixes and body systems as your guide.
- Medical Insurance Claims: This class covers codes for diseases and medical procedures, as well as insurance processes that ensure accurate reimbursement for services.
- Medical Document Production: Learn to properly key in, format, edit, store and maintain private medical documents.
- Medical Transcription I, II: Students are introduced to equipment used to transcribe medical information, the correct use of formatting and grammar and the importance of speed and accuracy. They also study medical specialties to become familiar with their terminology.
- Anatomy, Physiology & Disease Concepts: Explore human anatomy, body functions and processes, and diseases and the common courses they take.
School Address: 505 Pine Ridge Drive, Shell Lake, WI 54871
School Phone: (800) 243-9482 or (715) 468-2815
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: