What Schools Offer Certified Safety Professional Training Courses?
Safety Professionals are certified by five different professional organizations. Once you are certified, you will need continuing education to maintain your credential. Find online courses and training for Certified Safety Professional exam preparation on the sites listed below. Schools offering Engineering & Technology Management degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Finding Online Courses and Training for Certified Safety Professional Credentials
First, determine which professional certification you want to gain. All of these organizations and the credentials they issue are recognized by the industry to some degree. Your employer may dictate your choice; ask your supervisor which certification you'll need.
Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) and Council on Certification of Health, Environmental and Safety Technologists (CCHEST) Online Training Courses
- Self-training software for nine CCHEST and BCSP certification levels, from CCHEST's Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST) to BCSP's Certified Safety Professional (CSP), is available on CD-ROMs at Datachem Software, Inc.. http://www.datachemsoftware.com/
- Span International, http://www.spantraining.com, sells a CD-ROM with preparation materials for all BCSP/CCHEST certifications.
There are no online courses for National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP) certifications.
American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Online Training Courses
- Bowen EHS offers an online exam review course at www.bowenehs.com.
- TestPrepReview.com provides free unofficial practice exams.
National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Online Training Courses
- NEHA members may take free online courses through the NEHA e-Learning website, including Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) exam prep. Annual membership costs $25 (student), $95 (individual) or $125 (international). http://www.neha.org/
- A bank of practice questions for Registered Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS) exam preparation is available online for $150. Look for Endwise.com, http://www.endwise.com/REHS.htm.
Other Safety Courses
None of these three organizations has a course specifically for exam preparation, but aspiring Certified Safety Professionals may still find them useful.
- Utah Safety Council offers online courses in topics similar to what's covered by the CSP exam at www.utahsafetycouncil.org.
- The University of Cincinnati offers some online safety courses at http://eh.uc.edu/hsce/.
- Occupational safety subject courses are also online from the University of Utah's Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, http://uuhsc.utah.edu/rmcoeh.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: