Which Schools Have Human Resources Management Programs in Memphis?
Find schools in Memphis offering human resources management degree programs and courses. Learn about program requirements, and get career and salary info for human resources managers living in the Memphis area. Schools offering Human Resource Management degrees can also be found in these popular choices.
Career and Salary Information for Human Resources Managers in Memphis
If you are interested in building a career as a human resources manager, you may find an appropriate academic program in the Memphis area. In order to get a job in the field, you will need a bachelor's degree. Many employers prefer or require human resources managers to have work experience in the field. Some employers may also require a master's degree for higher-level positions. Getting voluntarily certified by a non-profit organization, such as The Society for Human Resource Management, can show your dedication and expertise in the field.
According to information published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) in May of 2011, there were 390 human resources managers in the Memphis area. These managers earned an average annual salary of $93,500. Additionally, the BLS projected a 13% increase, an average rate of growth, in human resources manager jobs between 2010 and 2020.
Human Resources Management Bachelor's Degree Programs in Memphis
Christian Brothers University
- Program Name: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Area of Specialization: Human resources management
- Program Length: 4 years full-time, 121-122 credit hours
- Tuition: $670 per credit hour (for 2012-2013)
- School Type: 4-year, private; about 1,700 students (nearly 1,300 undergraduates)
- Address: 650 East Parkway South, Memphis, Tennessee 38104
- Phone: (901) 321-3000
Christian Brothers University's broad bachelor's program in business administration has a human resources management concentration designed to give you the academic background needed to enter the field. The program teaches you professional skills like how to recruit potential candidates, resolve conflicts, negotiate contracts, manage training and handle benefits. The curriculum includes courses like business law, marketing principles, accounting and statistics. Additionally, you need to complete a senior project or internship and successfully pass a comprehensive examination to earn your degree.
Human Resources Management Master's Degree Programs in Memphis
University of Memphis
- Program Name: Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources Leadership
- Program Length: 3-4 semesters full-time, 33 credit hours
- Tuition: $510 per credit hour for residents; $1,131 per credit hour for non-residents (for 2012-2013; includes fees)
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree with 2.75 GPA
- Admission Requirements: GRE scores or portfolio
- School Type: 4-year, public; about 23,000 students (nearly 18,000 undergraduates)
- Address: 100 Brister Hall, Memphis, Tennessee 38152
- Phone: (901) 678-4056
The University of Memphis offers a fully online master's program in human resources leadership that's designed to prepare you for career advancement. This program requires you to submit satisfactory Graduate Record Examination scores or a portfolio for admission. If you have at least 5 years of professional work experience, you can submit a portfolio instead of GRE scores. The portfolio consists of your resume, personal essay and 2 professional references. In the program, you will study core topics like workplace diversity, globalization in the workplace, recruitment, negotiation and compensation. You'll be required to complete a professional project in order to graduate from the program.
To continue researching, browse degree options below for course curriculum, prerequisites and financial aid information. Or, learn more about the subject by reading the related articles below: