To provide financial assistance to students who are interested in pursuing associate level degrees, diplomas and certificates related to Nursing, Medical Assisting, Medical Laboratory Technology, Physical Therapy, Veterinary Technology, and Radiologic Technology.
- Award Type: $500 Annual Scholarship
- Duration: 1 year
- Number of Awards: 1 each year
- Deadline: April 1st, 2014
Danielle Harvey, Associate of Science in Nursing at Boise State University
I have always wanted to be a pediatric nurse because I have a passion for helping children. I hope to further my education in health sciences in any way I possibly can… I have an undying passion for mental health and strongly believe that in order to treat a patient well you must be empathetic and understanding.
This scholarship program is open to students pursuing Nursing and Medical Assisting associate’s degrees, diplomas and certificate programs. High school students enrolled in a Nursing or Medical Assisting associate’s program next year are also eligible to receive the award. Bachelor and graduate students do not qualify. A wide range of degree programs will be considered including but not limited to:
- Medical Assisting Associate’s Degrees
- Nursing Associate’s Degrees
- Anesthesia Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Veterinary Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Radiologic Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate’s Degrees
- Medical Laboratory Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Laboratory Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Cardiovascular Technology Associate’s Degrees
- Health Care Administration Associate’s Degrees
Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
Funds are sent directly to the recipient by check to the student's permanent mailing address.
Academic scholarship winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide DegreeDirectory.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
How to Apply
The academic award is provided by DegreeDirectory.org. The application process is completely online.
- Go to the scholarship application.
- Complete all the required information on the application form.
- When your application is complete, click the "Submit" button.