To provide financial assistance to full-time or part-time students who are interested in pursuing an online bachelor level degree.
- Award Type: $500 Annual Scholarship
- Duration: 1 year
- Number of Awards: 1 each year
- Deadline: April 1st, 2015
Michelle Kanger, Bachelor's in Organizational Management at Spring Arbor University
I chose to continue my education with an online degree for the flexibility, convenience and ability to learn at my own speed… I have found that I retain more information from online classes than I do in traditional settings and that gives me more confidence in pursuing my career. I see myself as a Human Resource consultant for non-profit organizations that specialize in helping out teenage parents to succeed in today's society. Once I have my bachelor's I plan on obtaining my master's degree as well.
This scholarship program is open to all students pursuing online bachelor’s degrees from an accredited online degree program. High school students enrolled in an online bachelor’s program next year are also eligible to receive the award. Graduate students are not eligible. All degree subjects will be considered including but not limited to:
- Online Social Sciences Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Business Administration Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Computer Science Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Nursing Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Communications Bachelor's Degrees
- Online Political Science Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Health Care Management Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Psychology Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Technology Management Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Accounting Bachelor’s Degrees
- Online Health Sciences Bachelor’s Degrees
Selection is based on academic history, extracurricular activities, and employment history. Eligible students must be full-time students during the academic year the scholarship is received. Financial need is not considered.
Funds are sent directly to the recipient by check to the student's permanent mailing address.
Academic scholarship winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide DegreeDirectory.org with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
How to Apply
The academic award is provided by DegreeDirectory.org. The application process is completely online.
- Go to the scholarship application.
- Complete all the required information on the application form.
- When your application is complete, click the "Submit" button.